[RULE] New Memeber!- Finding Red Hat Versions

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Wed Jun 9 20:03:54 EEST 2004

At 06:47 6/9/2004, M. Fioretti wrote:
> > I use Mandrake as distro of choice now principally because I couldnt get
> > RH 9.2 to load at the time due to lack of memroy (!)

Not possible, since there is no 9.2. Can you be more specific about what
you were trying to install?

> > wondering about is as far as I can see the Red Hat site will only
> > provides downloads of  RH Enterprise or RH Fedora.

Nope. They provide individual packages and ISO images for every single
release of Red Hat Linux from 1.0 to 9. They *also* provide RHEL and
Fedora, and I currently have over 60GB of their FTP tree mirrored on my
home computer keeping only RHL versions 6.2, 7.3, 8, 9 plus FC1 and FC2.
It's all there, trust me.

>To help people without bandwidth to get CDs, we suggest the RULE
>network:
>
>http://www.rule-project.org/article.php3?id_article=1
>
>PLease consider to join, or ask some LUG/whoever in your area with
>broadband to do it

Hey, I hadn't seen that. Marco, can you sign me up?

Name: Rodolfo J. Paiz
Email: rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Primary Areas: GT (Guatemala), SV (El Salvador), HN (Honduras)
Secondary Areas: NI (Nicaragua) and CR (Costa Rica) subject to special
arrangements
Phone +502 308-3848
Hours of operation: 1400Z to 0200Z Monday through Friday, 1600Z to 0000Z
Saturday and Sunday
Software available: Anything RULE, anything Red Hat, probably a great deal
of other stuff too

That page is going to need to become a table for easier presentation, I
would guess, and we'd need to have the volunteers at least separated by
continents or regions.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz