[RULE] New Memeber!- Finding Red Hat Versions

M. Fioretti mfioretti
Wed Jun 9 21:47:44 EEST 2004

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 19:06:21 PM +0100, David Jamison
 david.jamison1 at ntlworld.com  wrote:

> Maybe server problems or does one now have to have a RH account to
> allow access?

I'd say connection problem. I have accessed anonimously ftp.redhat.com
and gone to the update section several times in the last hour.

> I noted that the minium spec for a machine to run 9.0 is as follows
[snip]>
> This seems to be a heck of a lot for a "lite" system?

He-he!

This is the whole point of RULE: hand pick only the right package from the
latest distro version, and install them with our custom tools. And,
after that, since it's not another distribution, you have the same
packages as thousands other users, you can ask support in a much
larger community.

I have a laptop with 32 MB RAM, 700 MB hard disk. Last march I
installed RH9 on it with RULE: base, X server, KOffice and Firefox
took surely less than 550 MB. So there! Details? click in the news bar
on the home page the link "RULE install fest in Tuscany".

Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Red Hat for low memory         www.rule-project.org

There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not wave in a
vacuum.                                        -- Arthur C. Clarke

Rule-list at rule-project.org