[RULE] Download page rewritten

M. Fioretti mfioretti
Sun Jun 13 12:39:22 EEST 2004

On Sun, Jun 13, 2004 11:52:10 AM +0300, Richard Kweskin
 rkwesk at hellug.gr  wrote:

> > See it at http://www.rule-project.org/rubrique.php3?id_rubrique=3
[...]
> Hi Marco and everyone
>
> Perhaps I just don't know where to look, but wasn't there also the
> file Michael used to compile a kernel for i386 for rh9, perhaps
> called config-2.4.20-8RULE? Are there or were there other such
> kernel compilation config files used by RULE? I even looked on our
> slinky iso and on Michael's server and didn't see anything.

There is a lot of stuff at Michael's website,
http://tuxfan.homeip.net, RULE section. I haven't mentioned it yet
because I would like to check (with Michael or other list members)
what is still needed, and how to integrate it in the new website.

Basically, I want to arrive at the point where:

1) everything RULE is in www.rule-prooject.org/download, arranged as
   described in the link at the top,

2) what is there is properly referenced from other RULE pages

3) Obsolete or buggy things (assuming they exist) are not in the
   download area

4) everything working with only one version of RH or Fedora (RPMs,
   Kernels, etc... is in its own directory: in that way it is evident
   what we need to add (as in "gee, there is no i386 kernel rpm in
   the, say, FC2 directory")  and we know what we can safely
   erase/close whenever we run out of space and/or just decide to not
   support anymore some versions (remember that RULE is about staying
   current)

Now, all I wrote above and Richard question may be summed up saying:
does somebody has the time to make a list mapping which files in
Michael's pages must go into which section of the RULE download area?

I can do the actual copying after that, but need to fix some more web
pages first.

Volunteers?

TIA,
	Marco F.

--
Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Red Hat for low memory         www.rule-project.org

Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds
discuss people.                            -- Admiral Hyman Rickover

Rule-list at rule-project.org