[RULE] Queries coming from a install attempt

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Tue Jun 22 15:50:47 EEST 2004

At 04:32 PM 6/21/2004, David Jamison wrote:
>3.  When I run Slinky (which works fine and being refered to the mini
>how-to on fdisk was very useful but I dont think it takes the fdisk
>process to completion) it prompts me to answer if I am  going to use RH v8
>or 9  should this not now refer to Fedora  particularly bearing in mind
>RH9 cannot be downloaded directly from redhat.com now? (I remind you im
>not au fait with Red Hat). Have'nt got this far yet but can I assume that
>if I answer 9 here that I will be able to use Fedora discs and all will be
>well?

Contrary to what a few people have assumed, you can download every ISO and
every package Red Hat ever produced for every version of Red Hat Linux
since 1.x. Start at ftp.redhat.com then go into the /pub/redhat/linux/X.Y
directory (where X.Y is the release, e.g. 7.3) then you have inside there
the different architectures, languages, ISO images, RPM packages, SRPM
packages... it's all there.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz