[RULE] Queries coming from a install attempt

David Jamison david.jamison1 at ntlworld.com
Wed Jun 23 13:09:25 EEST 2004

C David Rigby wrote:

> David Jamison wrote:
>
>> 3.  When I run Slinky (which works fine and being refered to the mini
>> how-to on fdisk was very useful but I dont think it takes the fdisk
>> process to completion) it prompts me to answer if I am  going to use
>> RH v8 or 9  should this not now refer to Fedora  particularly bearing
>> in mind RH9 cannot be downloaded directly from redhat.com now? (I
>> remind you im not au fait with Red Hat). Have'nt got this far yet but
>> can I assume that if I answer 9 here that I will be able to use
>> Fedora discs and all will be well?
>

> Also, Fedora is not yet supported by the installer.  The support for
> each distribution must be coded into the installer.  Changes in going
> from RH9 to Fedora require not just a new package list for the
> installer, but use of a new version of the package manager rpm.  So,
> more fundamental changes to the installer must be completed before it
> is ready for use w/ FC2.  At least, this is my understanding from
> conversations here on the list about a month ago...
>
> CDR

Arrrggh!!!!

Ive just down loaded Fedora 2 as I thought (probably through dissucssion
via this list) that RULE was going to standardise on Fedora.  Therefore
for now I think the fact that Slinky only goes to RH v9 should be
written in large letters on the install guides!!!

Anyway no big deal got the FD discs created now and am away to download
v9!!!

Regards

David

Rule-list at rule-project.org