[RULE] Queries coming from a install attempt

M. Fioretti mfioretti
Wed Jun 23 21:39:13 EEST 2004

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 11:09:25 AM +0100, David Jamison
 david.jamison1 at ntlworld.com  wrote:
> Arrrggh!!!!
>
> Ive just down loaded Fedora 2 as I thought (probably through
> dissucssion via this list) that RULE was going to standardise on
> Fedora. Therefore for now I think the fact that Slinky only goes to
> RH v9 should be written in large letters on the install guides!!!

The goal of RULE *is* to keep current with the latest stable RH and
now Fedora Core. Due to several problems, however, we are still
"stuck" at RH9. This is clearly stated on the home page. You are right
however, that it should be said even in the install guide. Sorry you
had to waste some time before discovering it.

Ciao,
	Marco
--
Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Red Hat for low memory         http://www.rule-project.org/

Intellectual freedom cannot exist without political freedom; political
freedom cannot exist without economic freedom; a free mind and a free
market are corollaries.	       -- Ayn Rand, "For the New Intellectual"

Rule-list at rule-project.org