[RULE] All these latest installs

M. Fioretti mfioretti
Fri Jun 25 17:34:51 EEST 2004

On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 15:26:37 PM +0300, Richard Kweskin
 rkwesk at hellug.gr  wrote:
> Hello All
>
> Perhaps each of you who has completed an install in this last month
> has already started on this, so please excuse this appeal. It is
> very useful to have a full report online: hardware listed, install
> log, dmesg, free, df -h readouts and generally all the interesting
> bits in a paragraph or two.
>
> As Marco, David, Martin and Rodolfo have all said at one time or
> another, there is a lot to do to simplifying and making more
> detailed and accurate the install scenarios. What is online at the
> moment is a work in progress and all your comments and questions are
> very helpful in improving this work. We all are very pleased at the
> interest this project keeps generating and hopefully, soon, Fedora's
> latest will be added to the possible distro versions.
>
> Once the process is spelled out more clearly it will also encourage
> some who could extend it to other distros and versions. From where I
> sit the building of floppy images is the lesser problem, given
> Michael's input, but generating appropriate package lists of any one
> different distro version is the harder obstacle.
>
> I have volunteered to help Marco with the site and will try to speed
> up this promised improvement.

Thanks to Richard for his kind help! To make his/our work faster,
please everybody don't hesitate to post here what you would say added/
modified/explained better in the current install guide!

Thanks,
	Marco

--
Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Red Hat for low memory         http://www.rule-project.org/

Live simply so others may simply live.       Ghandi

Rule-list at rule-project.org