[RULE] Attempt 3: Toshiba Satellite 115CS

Da Worm daworm at comcast.net
Sun Jun 27 03:06:17 EEST 2004

In case there were some errors in transferring over the net (I never saw the Download
or Install bars, so something was wrong) I downloaded the iso's from the same location.
I extracted them onto my gentoo box into a directory available from my FTP server on
that box, so I would have a local FTP, no internet.

Here, I get the same behavior, I see the package names whiz by, but no Download or
Install bars.  Here's the last few lines (typed in, so there may be a typo or two):

Retrieving ftp://{username:password}@192.168.254.100/temp/redhat/9/RedHat/RPMS/xsri-2.1.0-5.i386.rpm
Retrieving ftp://{username:password}@192.168.254.100/temp/redhat/9/RedHat/RPMS/abiword-1.0.4-2.i386.rpm
Sorry, only CDROM installs are supported for
the TinyX packages

The username:password pair are correct, and the IP address is correct.  I don't see any
missing /'s anywhere.

The only funny thing I see is that if I try the same command line from my Windows box, it
only works if there are no { } surrounding the username:password pair.  Could that be an
issue here as well?

Also, how to get TinyX without a CDROM drive on the machine?  Can I ftp it onto the drive
(assuming I get past this) and install from there?

Jeff.

Rule-list at rule-project.org