[RULE] Asking to magazines to distribute RULE?

M. Fioretti mfioretti
Sun Jun 6 12:10:04 EEST 2004

On Sat, Jun 05, 2004 19:42:51 PM -0600, Stephen J Smoogen
 smooge at mindspring.com  wrote:

> On Sat, 2004-06-05 at 14:49, M. Fioretti wrote:
> > Hello again,
> >
> > You all probably already know about The RULE network (old version at
> > http://www.rule-project.org/en/rule_by_email.php) and are of course
> > invited to join it.
> >
> > Now, what if I could convince some Linux or IT _magazines_ to be part
> > in it?  As in "make you loved and known by the Linux users in your
> > country by burning and sending RULE CDs to them, on request, expenses
> > paid by the user"?
> >
> When I worked at Red Hat, I remember a couple of requests for
> getting it into magazines....their most interest was in how it would
> help immediate sales of an issue and not make the issue a loss.

Stephen,

I agree with you, but the RULE network is not enclosing CDs to
magazines. If a magazine wants to do it, it's welcome, of course.

The RULE network means:

Buying a virgin CD, burning RULE on it and mailing within my state
costs, say, 5 dollars. IF you want one, send me a check for five
dollars and your address.

NO burning and shipping as many CDs as magazine copies. An on demand
thing, with all the expenses on the receiver, *plus* the opportunity
for the magazine to look good and add in the envelope a subscription
invitation, one issue for half price, something like this.

Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Red Hat for low memory         http://www.rule-project.org/

Non ? il concetto di intelligenza extraterrestre a essere difficile da
afferrare. E' il concetto opposto che incontra resistenze. I. Asimov.

Rule-list at rule-project.org