[RULE] Mini-KDE

Liam Proven lproven at cix.co.uk
Tue Jul 20 20:47:36 EEST 2004

david jamison wrote:

> I am attempting to install Qt on the box that has a bare RULE install.
> To do this I *think* I need to also install GCC and GLIBC so working
> from RPMfind I choose gcc-3.2.2-5.i386.rpm and glibc-2.3.2-11.9.i386.rpm
> as they are both for RH9.

Is there any way to install APT (or failing that, YUM or URPMI) on RULE?
It makes this kind of question irrelevant - just installing the package
you want automatically brings in anything it needs to satisfy all the
dependencies. I run on SuSE 9.1 here and I couldn't use it without APT -
the old nightmare of RPM dependency hell is utterly intolerable!

--
Liam Proven
Home: http://welcome.to/liamsweb * Blog: http://lproven.livejournal.com
AOL, Yahoo UK: liamproven * ICQ: 73187508 * MSN: lproven at hotmail.com