[RULE] APT, YUM or URPMI on RULE, was: Mini-KDE

david jamison david.jamison1 at ntlworld.com
Wed Jul 21 13:23:49 EEST 2004

>I'm sure there is, but haven't figured out myself yet. Part of my
>problems with this is simply that, due to lack of extra PCs and work
>reasons, I haven't had yet the possibility to install FC2 on my two
>PCs: I have paid stuff to finish, which requires RH9, before I can
>stop and start everything from scratch.

Maybe this, in part,  is a good reason to stay with RH9 for now?  Im
watching the Fedora mailing list and there are comments comming on there
that Fedora will always be a developmental rather than a production
distro and I must admit that thought had crossed my mind from what Ive
read on the Fedora concept.  Im sure Red Hat *really* want people to use
RHEL with Fedora being at best a test bed.  Should RULE not stick with
RH9 and its legacy project for the foreseeable future and keep a watch
on Fedora to see how it matures?

>Another reason to focus for now only on the kde-base/kdelibs area,
>leaving Qt alone, is that this also guarantees that, if you need only:
>
>       KOffice from RULE, plus
>       just one other custom application built on standard Qt
>
>that the result will surely work.

Hopefully!   Im still trying to get Qt running on RULE first though!!!