[RULE] APT, YUM or URPMI on RULE, was: Mini-KDE

M. Fioretti mfioretti
Thu Jul 29 23:21:41 EEST 2004

On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 00:40:44 AM -0500, James Miller
 jamtat at mailsnare.net  wrote:

> Other than this, apt-get really does work pretty much like it does
> on a regular Debian install, though. I have run into one dependency
> hang up that apt-get -f install couldn't fix however, and I think
> it's because of the peculair way apt has been tweaked for DSL.

Yes, this is what worried me: what does it mean exactly? Can it fetch
and install standard debian packages? And would they work on a base
DSL install?

Ciao,
	Marco

--
Marco Fioretti                    mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Red Hat & Fedora for low memory   http://www.rule-project.org/

Intellectual freedom cannot exist without political freedom; political
freedom cannot exist without economic freedom; a free mind and a free
market are corollaries.	       -- Ayn Rand, "For the New Intellectual"

Rule-list at rule-project.org