[RULE] OFFTOPIC: LiveCD issues.

James Miller jamtat at mailsnare.net
Fri Aug 13 20:36:30 EEST 2004

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 smooge at mindspring.com wrote:

> Where did you find these pages? I have a project that I need to get done
> with USB keychains for infected windows school machines.. and I want to
> use linux+clamav to do that. The plan is to use Fedora Core 2 to build a
> minimal LiveCD image add in the clamav, chkrootkit, and some other
> tools, and then build a USB keychain and a CDrom for the schools to be
> able to boot the box up and clean the machine.
>
> Sadly my googling has failed to come up with the instructions on doing
> as much as 'here is my shiny new USB distro'

This looks like a good opportunity to apply my well-honed skills of
answering for others :).  Get the latest Insert live CD for a distro that
already has clamav built in.  It's based on DamnSmallLinux, but focuses
more on rescue-type tools, so it probably has chkrootkit and related stuff
as well.  It should do what you want in a live CD.  Runt is probably what
you want to check into for a USB keychain distro.  Slackware-based,
actively (for the last year or so) maintained.  Even allows booting from
USB!

James

Rule-list at rule-project.org