[RULE] OFFTOPIC: LiveCD issues.

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabriel at teuton.org
Fri Aug 13 22:06:27 EEST 2004

On Friday 13 August 2004 12:35, Paul Nijjar wrote:
> > I'm thinking about setting up a PI 233MHz, and even it is almost too
> > slow. Compiling "Hello, World" is actually a chore because it's so slow.
>
> 	Really? My main system at home is a P1MMX 266MHz with 32MB of RAM.
> Compilation is not super-fast, but it is doable. Our server here is a PII
> 233MHz system (with 64MB RAM), and I compile kernels on it.

That's what I meant... slow, but doable.  I've been chomping at the bit to do
a Gentoo install, so I'll probably do a level 1 on that box.  PI-MMX 266MHz
with either 256 or 320MB RAM.  ...I'm thinking about donating a 64MB stick to
some friends running XP on a P4 with 128MB     >8-|

--
Gabriel M. Beddingfield
gabriel at teuton.org

**** NEED A SMART, PROBLEM-SOLVING BSME? ****