[RULE] FWD: Re: Compiling rpm statically?

M. Fioretti mfioretti
Wed Sep 1 21:17:45 EEST 2004

On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 19:41:58 PM +0200, Franz Zahaurek  fzk at fzk.at
wrote:

> When I noticed that rpm has become one of the busybox applets I
> tried to take it as a replacement for rpm.gz on disk2.
> uClibc-0.9.20 + busybox-1.00-rc3 with a kernel 2.6.8.1.

Can you post the URL of the scripts you changed?

> Functionality of busybox-rpm is very limited by now - too limited as
> far as I have seen.  E.g. it doesn't replace files at all; there is
> no install rpm first.  The remaining installation could be done with
> the new rpm.

Have you tried this?

> Busybox now has also an fdisk-applet and so one could drop the
> dedicated cfdisk and fdisk on disk1 at all - and this works.  This
> frees about 217 KB of space at disk1 that could be used otherwise.

Same as above. Please post (online or by email to me off list) as many
details and source code you can, so I can test them, and update the website,
obviously giving all credit.

TIA,
	Marco

--
Marco Fioretti                    mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Red Hat & Fedora for low memory   http://www.rule-project.org/

Human beings act intelligently only after they have exhausted the
alternatives -- Abba Eban

Rule-list at rule-project.org