[RULE] FWD: Re: Compiling rpm statically?

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabriel at teuton.org
Sat Sep 11 16:02:46 EEST 2004

On Wednesday 01 September 2004 18:20, Franz Zahaurek wrote:
> *) later I used the now actual kernel 2.6.8.1.  See its .config at:
> http://www.fzk.at/SLINKY/kernel-2.6.8.1-config  This can be used
> with make oldconfig.  And the resulting kernel itself at
> http://www.fzk.at/SLINKY/kernel-2.6.8.1-bzImage - use it as a
> replacement for vmlinuz-rule.

FYI, the 2.6.8 Kernel broke most of the CD-writing programs for
everyone except root.  If you need to write CD's, you may consider
sticking with 2.6.7.  (Yeah, in older hardware, this isn't a big
issue... just FYI.)

I saw some updates to cdrecord, mkisofs, and the like recently... so
they may be fixing it on the application side (rather than in the
kernel)... but my K3B still doesn't work with 2.6.8 (unless you run
as root -- which is not recommended).

--
Gabriel M. Beddingfield
gabriel at teuton.org