[RULE] Slinky 0.4.01: cannot create /dev/null

M. Fioretti mfioretti
Mon Sep 20 22:56:23 EEST 2004

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 08:01:57 AM +0200, Franz Zahaurek  fzk at fzk.at
wrote:
> Hi Marco,
> >   There is no default value, please enter a valid device from the list
> >   below.
> >
> >   [  ]:
>
> This happens if setup.sh cannot find any harddisk. This is the code:
>
> avail_devices=`/sbin/fdisk -l | grep Disk | cut -d " " -f 2 | cut -d "/" -f 3 | cut -d : -f 1`
>
> Change to the second virtual terminal and try: fdisk -l

This gives no result at all...
Something else, I don't know if it's related. Right after the dialog
window saying "Starting Slinky Installation of Fedora FC2"
I get from the floppy:

ls: bb_xasprintf: Input/output error

> The code checks if your input is part of the presented list of devices -
> if it's empty, you are lost.

Yes, that's me right now :-) . One thing I'd like to do (besides help
with testing, see my other reports) is to know why:

bug in slinky
hardware fault
messed up boot sector

For the record, I have slackware 10 installed there, and it boots
fine. What could it cause fdisk to not see any partition? And how to
fix it?

TIA,
	Marco

--
Marco Fioretti                    mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Red Hat & Fedora for low memory   http://www.rule-project.org/

Nature is very un-American.  Nature never hurries.
						-- William George Jordan

Rule-list at rule-project.org