Alternatives to Fedora Core, was: [RULE] APT, YUM...

Da Worm daworm at comcast.net
Fri Oct 1 02:19:08 EEST 2004

On 9/30/2004 at 6:29 AM Gabriel M. Beddingfield wrote:

>> I'll write up my progress with these machines with Gentoo, and see
>> what
>
>Jeff,
>
>I haven't heard any updates about this experiment.  Any news?

I ran into two snags.  The biggest being a change in focus, the second a
change in available time.  I got to looking at what to do with an installed
system, and came upon the live CD / bootable USB stuff.  This kind of
derailed the process of installing on all of them, and I moved to installing
on the best of the set, hoping to use it to drive building an image to make
a bootable CD with.  I ran into a problem there, shelved the process for
a while, and before coming back to it, got involved with a couple of
different (paying) side jobs, and have since added two more, so I haven't
had time to get back to it.

Jeff.

Rule-list at rule-project.org