[RULE] Determine the size of a packetlist

M. Fioretti mfioretti
Thu Oct 21 22:58:43 EEST 2004

On Thu, Oct 21, 2004 21:09:05 PM +0200, Ingo Lantschner
 ingo.lists at vum.at  wrote:

> Provided: Redhat 9 installed system, with rpmdb from FC3-test or FC2
> installed.  If I have a list of FC3-test-3-rpms, how can I determine
> the size of these packages?!

Maybe some variation of this, to put in a loop on each rpm?

rpm -qi $PACKAGE | grep ^Size | cut -d: -f2 | cut -c1-20

Beware that, for reasons which I read somewhere, but frankly don't
remember anymore, the number you get is not always updated/indicative
of the actual disk space required by the package

Better proposals are welcome. To get an authoritative answer, try
subscribing temporarily, to the low volume rpm list.

HTH,
	Marco

--
Marco Fioretti                    mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Red Hat & Fedora for low memory   http://www.rule-project.org/

Any medium powerful enough to extend man's reach is powerful enough to
topple his world.  To get the medium's magic to work for one's aims
rather than against them is to attain literacy.
       Alan Kay, "Computer Software", Scientific American, Sep. 1984

Rule-list at rule-project.org