[RULE] apt instead of rpm

Ingo Lantschner ingo.lists at vum.at
Wed Oct 27 11:53:00 EEST 2004

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 00:32:18 +0200, M. Fioretti <mfioretti>
wrote:

> I'd be really happy if this particular wheel already existed. That's
> the whole point, see
> http://www.rule-project.org/article.php3?id_article=32
Marco, I read this article already twice, some month ago and a week ago.
Really I considered it as too difficult for me. Also I think, this is
interesting for tuning, but not strictly necesary as long as we ahve 1
GB-harddrives, which is mostly the reality today. Pls. let me know if you
think I am wrong.

> We'd need to analyze *automatically* the whole set of existing offers
> (eg "all the combination of packages that include an IMAP MUA with GpG
> support") _before_ install, to find the one which requires the
> smallest total disk space.
well that would be great, but for the moment I would be happy to have a
Fedora based desktop fitting on 1GB HD.

> And of course I also agree that whatever way can give us any minimal
> desktop install, even if not the best possible one, with little effort
> is OK.
so I see somehow we agree, although the focuses are a bit diffrent :-)

We'll work it out, Ingo.