[RULE] New attempt at "minimal install", now using Fedora Core 3, Release Candidate 5

Ingo Lantschner (Lists) ingo.lists at vum.at
Tue Nov 2 16:01:18 EET 2004

Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:

> So yes, we *could* delete it, particularly since the targeted
> policy currently in use primarily protects server processes like Apache
> and others. That being said, if we can keep it I think that will be a
> Good Thing [tm] now, and a Better Thing [tm] later.
I think we should delete it at least for Slinky. IMHO Slinky should
install the minmal base useable for both Desktop and Serversystems. If I
understood the above about SE right, than SE is of no big importance on
Desktops. Also, in the enviorment we used Slinky, we had problems with
the space on the harddrives, but no securityproblems - all machines were
secured by an "airgap" (aka "absolut firewall" :-) )

I assume, that SE can postinstalled by a script or whatever.

--
Ingo Lantschner
T (+43-1) 59 55 766

Rule-list at rule-project.org