[RULE] rita.choice-secure.com seems unreachable

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Sun Nov 14 01:05:20 EET 2004

On Sat, 2004-11-13 at 12:54 +0100, M. Fioretti wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 15:21:11 PM +0200, Richard Kweskin
>  rkwesk at hellug.gr  wrote:
> > Hello All
> >
> > Having tried to access our archives from different providers over a
> > period of several days here in Greece I have to report that the
> > server rita.choice-secure.com is unreachable.
>
> This happens from time to time. I am putting Rodolfo in direct CC,
> since he's the server sysadmin.

This may actually help to diagnose why people intermittently have
problems... it is the reference to "rita.choice-secure.com". That old
hostname for the box is no longer valid.

Remember about three months ago when the entire server went to hell at
once and RULE was off-line for a day or two? The girl with whom I used
to share the server took most of her domains home since she could no
longer afford to pay for her share of the server, and it turned out that
all of our nameserver records were pointed at her.

Hopefully you should have no problems using "www.rule-project.org" or
"mail.rule-project.org" or anything @rule-project.org. But rita.choice-
secure.com is very, very dead.

Where are you seeing that reference?