[RULE] Ubuntu Mini-RAM HOWTO

M. Fioretti mfioretti
Thu Dec 16 23:07:14 EET 2004

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 18:32:24 PM +0100, Ingo Lantschner (Lists)
 ingo.lists at vum.at  wrote:
> Ubuntu Mini-RAM HOWTO
>
> How to install an Ubuntu-Desktop on low memory systemes
> (Pentium II und III Processor, 32-256 MB RAM)
>
> see http://www.binonabiso.com/en/Ubuntu-miniRAM-HOWTO.html

Thanks a lot, Ingo, and congratulations. This came just at the right
moment: I got this just yesterday from another Italian guy, working on
the Italian version of Ubuntu:

>stavo pensando se qualcuno fosse interessato a partecipare ad un
>eventuale progetto di Ubuntu ITALIA: un versione di RULE
>[www.rule-project.org] basata su Ubuntu e/o Debian.

Translation:
"I was wondering if anybody is interested to participate in a possible
project of UBUNTU Italia: a RULE version based on Ubuntu and/or
Debian"

I have already answered to him that we should really cooperate, and
that, in my personal opinion, the first problem to solve together are
kdrive and above all mini-kde, exactly because they are distro
independent and because, as you point out in that page, OO.o is not an
option on really low end systems.

Now I will of course forward to him your message

Later,
	Marco

--
Marco Fioretti                    mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Red Hat & Fedora for low memory   http://www.rule-project.org/

Don't think that a small group of dedicated individuals can't change
the world. it's the only thing that ever has.  (read on /.)

Rule-list at rule-project.org