[RULE] Bare-bones Server HOWTO Update

James Miller jamtat at mailsnare.net
Tue Jan 4 20:32:55 EET 2005

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:

> will have to do a lot less work. I would love to see the FC4 default
> minimal install shrink from 570MB at least down to 420MB, such that the
> install and a 64MB swap partition could fit into a 500MB disk.

I always admire attempts to whittle down Linux to make it more useful on
older hardware, along with the skills of those who can do it. But what use
is a machine with only a little more than 10MB of free disk space going to
be? I use my computers as workstations rather than servers, so I may just
be flaunting my ignorance here. Do servers operate in such a way that
having only 10MB of disk space left once the system is installed poses no
operational problem?

Thanks, James

Rule-list at rule-project.org