[RULE] Re: Cannot reach RULE website: can you?

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Thu Feb 3 18:57:04 EET 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 21:10 +0100, M. Fioretti wrote:
> Traceroute from my machine gives immediately:
>
> [marco at polaris ~]$ traceroute www.rule-project.org
> traceroute: unknown host www.rule-project.org
>
> whereas, for example:
>
> [marco at polaris ~]$ traceroute simpaticus.com
> [...]
> 21  ev1s-64-246-15-211.ev1servers.net (64.246.15.211)  210.686 ms
> 212.673 ms  210.335 ms

This may provide a hint. The two domains "simpaticus.com" and "rule-
project.org" are on the same server, so if you can reach one you should
always be able to reach the other. I would focus the search for a
problem on DNS.

IN THEORY, both domains have the same DNS servers and have been setup
exactly the same way. So IN THEORY, it is more likely that the DNS
problem is somewhere on your end. In theory, of course.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz at simpaticus.com>