[RULE] other distros

Richard Kweskin rkwesk at hellug.gr
Wed Apr 27 11:14:52 EEST 2005

Martin Stricker wrote:

> snip
> This is hurting me in my soul (I've been a follower
> of Red Hat nearly since the beginning), but I'm starting to come to the
> conclusion that it might be time to switch to another distro. Debian
> comes to mind (not that there is much other choice left...).
> snip

Hello All

This subject has been mentioned before. I understand Martin's feelings (hi Martin) and was worried about this also. Now that we have a working version of Slinky for the latest Fedora (I will have more to write to this list on this) what is preventing anyone from adapting the same process with other distros? One effort does not preclude another. My own small contribution was to try to provoke certain Debian coders here in Greece to come up with minimal lists of deb packages as Michael has done with the rpm's of all these versions up until now. No one has yet.  :((

>From where I am looking that is the only obstruction since the adaptation of the scripts seems much less difficult. Am I wrong here?

Briefly, then, let's encourage any distro efforts (my vote.)

Richard

Rule-list at rule-project.org