[RULE] Automated SRPM build

M. Fioretti mfioretti
Thu May 19 08:06:42 EEST 2005

On Thu, May 05, 2005 20:03:54 PM -0400, Billy Tallis
 wtallis at gmail.com  wrote:

> I have lately toyed with the idea of rebuilding apps for my three
> pentium-mmx systems. I have created an /etc/rpmrc file that makes
> most rpmbuilds use the compilation flags I want, such as size
> optimzations.  The problem is that I would like to have a somewhat
> automated process for building packages that I can use on my three
> machines with low memory. Does anyone here know of any tools that
> would help? If not, I am prepared to write one, and that could
> probably help the rule project somehow.

Billy,

first of all, sorry if I answered so late. Please keep us posted on
any progress you make on this project. The ideal thing, if I may ask,
is to format a summary of what you've done so we can post it on the
RULE website, obviously under your name.

As far as suggestions are concerned, I can only say this: I remember
that there is something (parallel make??) that can be used to launch
different parts of the same compilation simultaneously on more
machines. Maybe you might use it on your three boxes?

Ciao,
Marco

--
Marco Fioretti                    mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Fedora Core 3 for low memory      http://www.rule-project.org/

There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not wave in a
vacuum.                                        -- Arthur C. Clarke

Rule-list at rule-project.org