[RULE] [Fwd: Introducing The Rule Project]

M. Fioretti mfioretti
Thu May 19 08:13:47 EEST 2005

On Sat, May 14, 2005 11:30:49 AM +0200, Ingo Lantschner (Lists)
 ingo.lists at vum.at  wrote:

Ingo, please forward this to the ubuntu_lite folks, I'm not subscribed
to those mailing lists.

> Dear Friends,
> I just read the last 4 posts I got today from this list. First of all
> let me thank you for your efforts, making Ubuntu more lite so it can be
> used even on outdated Hardware. I know a lot of peole who depend on this
> possibility.

[...]

> May I suggest that the efforts of Ubuntu-light and RULE should be
> combined? I see many synergies here!

First of all, sorry for answering with all this delay.

Then, I can only confirm what we have said different times. We have
nothing against doing "the RULE thing" with other distributions. By
all means let's do it together, there is a lot to share.

One area where there is a lot to be gained and learned is how to
re-package only the basic KDE programs and KOffice to get a slim but
functionally modern desktop. I have started to work on this in these
days to make an article for Linux Journal, but obviously:

1) all the results will be also available through the RULE website
2) I'd be glad to include the results seen doing the same build
   process on other distributions

Ciao,
	Marco

--
Marco Fioretti                    mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Fedora Core 3 for low memory      http://www.rule-project.org/

Man becomes truly man only by passing beyond himself.
				   Paul VI,    POPULORUM PROGRESSIO

Rule-list at rule-project.org