website still dead, was: [RULE] Another web server for RULE?

M. Fioretti mfioretti
Tue Aug 2 20:50:09 EEST 2005

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 20:08:34 PM +0200, io  mfioretti
wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> As far as I understand it now, there is nothing I can do to restore
> the website right now. I do have ssh access to the server, but the
> problem seems to be in the mysql/php configuration which, as far as
> I know, I have no access to.
>
> I've tried in the last 7/10 days to contact Rodolfo (the server
> sysadmin) to figure out with him what and how to patch.

Greetings,

unfortunately nothing has changed yet. I have tried several times in
the last two weeks to contact Rodolfo, even posting to other lists he
manages, without success. I must admit I'm a bit worried for him.

So, as far as the website is concerned, I'm afraid it's time for me to
look for another server. C.D. Rigby contacted me off list some days
ago about running temporarily off one of his machines. Thanks, C.D,
sorry for not contacting you before. It looks like we need to do this,
while I look for a new RULE home.

Suggestions for good hosting providers and/or offers to host the
website (it's a good cause!) are very welcome. Please send them to me
off list.

Thanks again for your patience,

       Marco

--
Marco Fioretti                    mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Fedora Core 3 for low memory      http://www.rule-project.org/

Non si puo' campare con le idee che fanno la coda nel cervello, senza
riuscire a uscirne, altrimenti sono talmente strette che si prendono a
gomitate facendoti venire il mal di testa.	    F.F., luglio 2005.

Rule-list at rule-project.org