[RULE] Athens server timing & logistics

Martin Stricker shugal at gmx.de
Fri Sep 2 03:58:35 EEST 2005

"M. Fioretti" wrote:

> What we must do to the mailing list is:
>
> 1) move all the archives of the this one to the new server
> 2) same as 1) for the archives of the first 2 years of the project,
>    which are still hosted on the savannah.gnu.org server
> 3) subscribe automatically all the current users to the new server.
>
> I will do 3) myself when everything else is working. To make 1)
> simpler it would be easier is we use mailman as today (see footer to
> all list messages...) but I don't think is mandatory. Doing
> 2)... we'll worry about that after anything else (assuming that's not
> mailman too, I don't remember).

GNU is only using mailman (it's a GNU package...). I think you can
download the complete archive mbox file, then just concatenate the mbox
file from Rodolfo's server, and you should be ready to go for the setup
of mailman. Note that I'm not sure if you can add archive *after* the
creation of a mailing list.

Best regards,
Martin Stricker
Linux Migration Project: http://www.linux-migration.org/