[RULE] Athens server timing & logistics

C David Rigby cdrigby at 9online.fr
Mon Sep 5 11:12:09 EEST 2005

Richard Kweskin wrote:
> Hello All
>
> I have returned to Athens, but others are returning in the next several days. A gathering has been scheduled for Saturday, Sept 10. It will be easiest for me to use the opportunity then so the transition from Guatemala to Greece can go ahead smoothly.
>
> I am the ignorant one, here, in that I need to be told what steps should be taken, in what order to take them and how I can best help. Any input from this list will facilitate the steps.
>
> To start this off, it looks like mysql, php and CMS SPIP are required. I presume that their use of Debian (most of the techies here seem to prefer it) is not an issue. Also, the mailing list(s?) (in addition to our public list I seem to remember a reference to another list for website tech things.) Does it matter what software is running the list(s)?
>
> Rodolfo has pointed out (above) the need to broaden the domain's (rule-project.org) primary access. Certainly Marco should be such a primary individual. Who else?
>
> Richard

I have also returned from vacation. Since things seem to be proceeding
in Athens and since Marco is away, it may be that setting up a testing
server here in Paris is no longer a priority. Regardless, Richard, could
you inquire as to which version of Debian is being run there in Athens?
Typically for a server it is Debian stable (current version number 3.1)
but it is not unheard of to use testing or even unstable for those that
are willing to live dangerously.

Regards,
C David Rigby

Rule-list at rule-project.org