[Rule] Installation failular

Franz Zahaurek fzk at fzk.at
Fri Jan 13 03:58:37 EET 2006

Hi Charles,

Charles  oblende bgnet bgsu edu  writes:

> [...]
> Well, the font rpms are on the first disk I think slinky was looking
> for them on either disk two or three.  Same thing goes for
> gtk2-engines was on the first disk looked for 'em on a diffrent one.
> All glibc stuff was on the first disk but slinky asked for a diffrent
> one.  Cana-libs is on disk three as is xinetd.  So the problem might
> be that slinky doesn't really know were everything is on the install
> disks.

You are absolutely right.  I tried v0.5.03 to install "all-" packages
and got similar errors as you told.  The installscripts try to avoid
rpm-option --nodeps.  The installation with rpm should check any
dependency when installing the packages but obviously the
package-lists for all-* are not correct and so nothing is installed at
all.  I think some packages must have changed to another disc from FC3
to FC4.

I changed the list to hopefully be consistent now and tested
minimal- and all- package installations up to the point of rebooting
the new installation - but the installation of all-packages doesn't work.

You can download the resulting slinky-0.5.04-disk1.img from the usual
place at: http://www.fzk.at/SLINKY/

One thing is anoing me: I think xinitrc-4.0.18-1.noarch.rpm from disc1 is
depending on xorg-x11-6.8.2-31.i386.rpm from disc2 by depending on
/usr/X11R6/bin/sessreg and /usr/X11R6/bin/xsetroot and vice versa.
How can this be solved without using rpm-option --nodeps?

Bye,
- Franz
Franz Zahaurek                        fzk at fzk.at
Gymnasiumstr. 26/7                    http://www.fzk.at