[Rule] Is it possible to run Qt programs

M. Fioretti mfioretti
Thu Feb 16 20:58:31 EET 2006

On Sun, Feb 12, 2006 22:04:23 PM -0600, Alexandro Colorado
 jza at openoffice.org  wrote:

Alexandro,

welcome to RULE! Nice to see you here too, besides the OpenDocument
Fellowship.

> I wonder if under this distro Qt is supported and to what extend,

Qt is supported in the same way as it is in Fedora. RULE is not
another distribution. It is (aims to be):

1) An installation procedure of Fedora with much lower requirements
   than Anaconda.

2) Some specific tools (kdrive...) recompiled for Fedora or repackaged
   from Fedora source RPMs to lower disk space and other requirements:
   See this about KOffice: http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8239

3) a competence/documentation center to use Gnu/Linux sw on older
   hardware (regardless of the distro)

1) and 2) give a system that is much less optimized than a custom
distro, but it has the huge advantages that is much less work for us,
and above all gives the end users something (=Fedora) with a big and
very active users and documentation base: again, at zero effort for
us.

> So my questions are:
> - Is Qt installed by default or is only GTK (1 or 2)?

Honestly I don't remember, but the point is that, once installed the
base system, you can still grab the normal Fedora RPMs and use them,
see above.

HTH,
	Marco

--
Marco Fioretti                    mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Fedora Core 3 for low memory      http://www.rule-project.org/

"The SUN TROPIC beauty farm reopens today: featuring exotic swimming
 pools, and, under the palm trees, **UVA lamps**"
(unluckily for humankind, a REAL ad that I read in a real magazine)