[Rule] browser based word processor (and other apps)

C David Rigby c.david.rigby at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 22:18:00 EEST 2006

Hi James,

I read the article but I have yet to seriously try out the web
application. What you suggest makes great sense, though. It seems
similar to the idea behind most multiple terminal/powerful server type
architectures dating back to time-sharing mainframes. The web and AJAX
enable a new take on the principle.

I have an old Pentium 166 w/ 32 MB of RAM that I rescued from the
sidewalk two weeks ago. I intend to install FC 5 via the next
interation of slinky when it is ready, and I'll see how that manages
when it is connected to my ADSL line.

Cheers
CDR