[Rule] Preparing RULE for Fedora Core 5

Franz Zahaurek fzk at fzk.at
Fri Mar 31 01:09:05 EEST 2006

Hi Marco and all,

"M. Fioretti" <mfioretti> writes:

> [...]
>> I prepared Slinky to install FC5-test3.  So when FC5 is published I hope
>> updating the package-lists to the latest versions should be enough to be
>> able to install FC5.
> [...]
> Please let me know if you need help to put anything (slinky, docs,
> whatever) on the RULE website. I will take care to announce the new
> version (so we'll also have more testers :-) ) on the Fedora lists.

Marco, I am not familiar with the way the RULE-website is organized.
So I put the new version slinky-0.5.05 on my website at:

http://www.fzk.at/SLINKY

I tested all installation methods and uploaded the resulting
install.log-files, as well as the config-files for kernel and busybox.

After installing with slinky, FC5 does boot, but its configuration
is not very well.  There's much left to do.

Next I want to work on the builder_guide that's more than incomplete
by now.

Servus,
- Franz