[Rule] installation instructions?

M. Fioretti mfioretti
Sun Jun 25 18:39:08 EEST 2006

On Sun, Jun 25, 2006 08:08:41 AM -0700, fikin  nfikin at yahoo.com
wrote:

> i have a system without any external drives (cdrom/floppy). net and
> usb are available though. what would be the installation procedure
> in this case?

What is the Operating System currently runnning on that computer?  If
it's Linux already, you may add a boot image to lilo or grub which
bootstraps the installation. I successfully did this years ago on an
old laptop with no bootable CD and no working ethernet interface.

> btw, rule installation guide is still down.

Yes, I am aware of that. Unfortunately, the system hosting the website
was compromised first and physically broke afterwards (*). I am
waiting to have ssh access restored, since I cannot do anything
without it...

Sorry...

	Marco Fioretti

(*) That's what I remember right now, but I may be wrong. What's sure
is that the sysadmin was going to rebuild from metal the whole server,
and restore ssh access to it in a second moment.

--
Marco Fioretti                    mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Fedora Core 5 for low memory      http://www.rule-project.org/

Those who will be able to conquer software will be able to conquer the
world.                      -- Tadahiro Sekimoto, president, NEC Corp.