[Rule] FC5 + Slinky 0.5.04 ISO somewhere?

Franz Zahaurek fzk at fzk.at
Thu Jul 13 22:26:27 EEST 2006

Hi Phil,

Philip Rhoades <phil at pricom.com.au> writes:

> On Thu, 2006-07-13 at 09:44 +0200, C David Rigby wrote:

> No, I actually had a standard fd0 as well as a USB floppy drive - the
> problem turned out to be that the Xen guest installer does not need a
> boot disk but just a FC5 install tree (accessed via nfs, ftp or http).
> [...]

Maybe you can also use a slinky-iso-image for this purpose.  I put it
on my site at: http://www.fzk.at/SLINKY.

The RULE-iso-image originally mainly was a bundle of the
slinky-installer with some extra rpms for eg TinyX (now named kdrive)
on a bootable CD.  I didn't use it at all because my testsystem cannot
boot from CD-RW ...

When you asked for a bootable CD I took a look and found it was very
easy to create one.  I dropped the extra rpms to keep the image small.

- Franz