[Rule] Notes about slinky-0.5c and Fedora Core 5

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Thu Sep 21 19:55:03 EEST 2006

On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 15:34:09 +0200,
  Arrigo Marchiori <dido at quipo.it> wrote:

> At this point, it was clear to me that I had to burn the first Fedora's CD and
> use that. But I had another problem: the laptop has only one drive bay, that
> can contain _either_ the CD-ROM _or_ the floppy!
>
> So, here's what I've done; I hope you can find it interesting:

I have the same setup you do. I have 24MB of memory, a pcmcia network card
and I have to choose between a floppy and a CD and the bios won't boot off
of a CD.

I posted about some of the same problems you had and there was an updated
build after that that addressed the kernel mismatch, but some needed kernel
modules weren't built, so I can't get the updated rule build to work in my
case.