[Rule] The RULE website is back!

C David Rigby c.david.rigby at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 02:41:58 EET 2006

Hello Marco et. al.,

This is great news!

Marco, I have created an account in the usual Drupal fashion (user name =
cdrigby). Please adjust access rights as you see fit. I added a comment to
the first news item mostly to test the function.

Do you have in mind how you wish to structure the site? I'm certainly happy
to debate the topic of site structure, either here in the mailing list or on
the site itself. On the other hand, I appreciate the efficiency and sanity
of letting you make all such decisions yourself, so I am happy to let you do
it by fiat.

I agree that getting the "historic site" content re-installed is a good
first goal. Given that the content from SPIP, in its XML form, has a
"magazine-like" structure, installing it as a Drupal book structure should
be reasonably straightforward. I can think of three alternate approaches
(I'm open to other ideas):

1. The original structure could form the basis of the overall site
structure, if we (you) feel that the SPIP site structure was adequate.

2. Alternatively, we could create a new structure and refactor the existing
content to match the new structure.

3. We could have a section of the new site dedicated to the "historic site"
and using the historic site structure, regardless of the way in which the
new site is structured.

Regardless, as part of the process of re-installing the historic content, we
can clean up broken links, typos and the like.

CDR