[Rule] RULE on a 750P

Franz Zahaurek fzk at fzk.at
Sun Feb 18 00:27:19 EET 2007

Hi Chris,

"Chris Schumann" <chris at idlelion.net> writes:

> OK. I'm trying to follow the instructions on the site to install FC5 using
> RULE.
>
> I know the site is being re-created, but the instructions seem kind of
> erratic. First on one topic, then another. Anyway, here's what I did.
>
> - Made three floppies: slinky-0.5.05a, disk2.img and pcmcia.img

disk2.img and pcmcia.img are rather old ones and will not work
together with the latest Slinky versions.

Take the modules for slinky-0.5.05a / kernel-2.6.15 from:
      http://www.fzk.at/SLINKY/slinky-0.5.05-modules.img.bz2
It also holds the axnet_cs.ko module.

> [...]
> + /scripts/pcmcia.sh start
> Module directory </lib/modules/2.6.9/k.......> not found. No kidding. I'm
> using the 2.6.15 kernel.

It seems that most questions to this list are about using slinky
with pcmcia.  Unfortunately I don't know how to handle this
correct. (didn't ever use it, have no hardware to test...)  When I
published new versions of the slinky installer I didn't necessarily
remove the old scripts - maybe somebode can still use them.

> [...]
> insmod: cannot insert '/mnt/floppy/modules/pcmcia/axnet_cs.o': Invalid
> module format (-1): Exec format error

Kernel 2.6 modules are called *.ko not *.o.

> So it looks like the driver is not for this kernel.
>
> Pointers or tips on how to proceed GREATLY appreciated.

Sorry, no tip but a wish:
It would be fine if you can find out how to activate the pcmcia-card.

Then please post the solution here and I will add it to Slinky.

- Franz