[Rule] Whither RULE?

Phil Rhoades phil at pricom.com.au
Thu Aug 23 15:00:05 EEST 2007

David,

On Thu, 2007-08-23 at 19:27 +0800, C David Rigby wrote:

.
.

> Suggestions:
>
> OK: the obvious one, which is the reality check: RULE/slinky has
> outlived its usefulness on all fronts, and should be retired. NOTE:
> this is the point where everyone is supposed to vehemently insist that
> I am quite mistaken.

Besides the original, major (worthwhile) goal for RULE I think there is
also a (much smaller) potential use for installing minimal guest systems
on Xen machines.

.
.

>      1. Change our goals for slinky. Make it truly an alternate
>         installer to Anaconda that has as it's goal an installation of
>         Fedora that is even more minimal than the standard minimal
>         Fedora installation. Or simply a lighter-weight installer for
>         a full Fedora installation, which would look a lot like the
>         Fedora Core floppy project described at
>         http://www.thisiscool.com/fcfloppy.htm.

This is also a bit dated now - from my point of view it would be good to
have an up-to-date Fedora slinky . .

Regards,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades

Pricom Pty Limited  (ACN 003 252 275  ABN 91 003 252 275)
GPO Box 3411
Sydney NSW      2001
Australia
Fax:     +61:(0)2-8221-9599