[Rule] what's next?

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Fri Aug 24 16:14:37 EEST 2007

On Wed, August 22, 2007 5:08 pm, chris at idlelion.net wrote:
> Marco,

> I know it would be a ton of work up front, but might it make more
> sense to base RULE on a more stable platform like RHEL or CentOS?

See the "Summary/thoughts on Rule" message. Porting slinky from
Fedora to another anaconda/rpm distro is probably less work than
porting it to something else.

The main drawback for desktop end users is that Centos is mainly
used for server work, so they may not find as much support from
the centos mailing list as they could on Fedora or other distro
more used as desktops. Then again, since one would not do use
an old pc anyway to do multimedia editing or 3-D games, just
SOHO stuff, it may not be a big deal.

> If not, is it helpful for me to try to use what's in place for making
> newer versions of the installer

of course it is!

> I'm happy to HTML-ize text files for uploading, and do some editing if
> desired, once my account works.

I have troubles (on my ISP site...) connecting to the website, I'll enable
the account asap and add the book module that C.D. requested asap, sorry.

Marco