[Rule] what's next?

Phil Rhoades phil at pricom.com.au
Fri Aug 24 17:05:06 EEST 2007

Marco,

On Fri, 2007-08-24 at 15:26 +0200, M. Fioretti wrote:
> On Wed, August 22, 2007 5:54 pm, chris at idlelion.net wrote:

> > It seems there isn't the manpower in place for Rule to keep up to date
> > with Fedora and the 12 to 18 months between RHEL releases seems more
> > compatible with our resources, at least so far.
>
> Theoretically, the only work would be to port Slinky. This has not happened
> so far with the desired frequency because, basically, it was made by one
> or two people without putting together (this is also my fault...) a
> complete documentation of what must be done. This is why I would like
> so much to manage once and for all to document Slinky thouroughly, because
> it could make updating it much faster even to project newcomers, even
> every 6/8 months after Fedora.

Is there a doc somewhere that has a list of Fedora packages that slinky
installs?  I once started the process of reducing a Fedora 6 install to
a minimum but didn't finish it . .

I haven't looked closely at slinky but it seems to me that once there is
a working version (which there is) most of the work should be done? - I
mean updating slinky for later versions of Fedora should be a small part
of the work?  Am I missing something?

Regards,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades

Pricom Pty Limited  (ACN 003 252 275  ABN 91 003 252 275)
GPO Box 3411
Sydney NSW      2001
Australia
Fax:     +61:(0)2-8221-9599