[Rule] what's next?

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Fri Aug 24 17:13:41 EEST 2007

On Fri, August 24, 2007 4:05 pm, Phil Rhoades wrote:
> Marco,
> Is there a doc somewhere that has a list of Fedora packages that slinky
> installs?

Right now, nothing but the slinky scripts themselves. This is one of
the things which should be extracted and formatted to HTML for publishing

> I haven't looked closely at slinky but it seems to me that once there is
> a working version (which there is) most of the work should be done? - I
> mean updating slinky for later versions of Fedora should be a small part
> of the work?  Am I missing something?

No. The problem is that we never got to the point of documenting how
it was working well enough to make it faster for us or the next guy
to come and create a new list when a new Fedora appears.

The doubts on Fedora being still good for us, the ones which C.D. posted,
are real ones, but they are a separate issues, at least in part.

Marco