[Rule] Debian on laptop

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Mon Aug 27 20:18:27 EEST 2007

On Sun, Aug 26, 2007 10:33:28 AM +0200, Ingo Lantschner
 ingo.lists at vum.at  wrote:

Ingo,

it's great to see you back on the list! Let me know (off list, of
course) how you're doing.

A couple of comments on this:

> if you are looking for a Linux desktop system, also consider using
> Xubuntu... It uses XFCE, so you have no Gnome/KDE bloat on your
> systems.

- as I've already said, in my experience the main advantage of any
  Ubuntu derivative is the community you land into is much more
  bearable by newbies. In this sense, go XUbuntu

- wrt the Gnome/Kde bloat: surely they weigh a lot, but I'm afraid
  things are not so simple. See my other message about this.

Ciao,
	Marco

--
Help *everybody* love Free Standards and Free Software!
http://digifreedom.net