[Rule] Using KDE desktop in computers with 32mb of RAM

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Sat Nov 24 21:17:00 EET 2007

On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 16:16:32 PM +0200, Richard Kweskin  rkwesk at hellug.gr  wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 19:50:02 -0300 (ART)
> Rene Sacramento <reneduani at yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>
> > Here is an brazilian article that some of you may find
> > interesting.
>
> Excellent! Marco has mentioned kde-light from time to time but I never
> saw his sources.

What I did under the name mini-kde is fully documented in the website
( http://www.rule-project.org/?q=node/6 ) and in the Linux Journal
article linked at the beginning of that page. There are no real
sources to show (none that would be directly usable two years later,
anyway), because what I did may be summarized as commenting out some
lines in the make files.

Of course, one could do much more than I did to minimize KDE, but the
starting point in that exercise was to show what a non-programmer
could do without ever looking at, or changing, the C++ sources, from
packages already tested to work on a given distribution.

Thanks to Rene for the link, I haven't had time to read it yet, but
the more knowledge we spread around these themes, the better, of
course!

Ciao,
	Marco

--
Help *everybody* love Free Standards and Free Software
http://digifreedom.net/