[Rule] Message for Shae

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Tue Feb 19 20:18:39 EET 2008

On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 08:44:15 AM -0600, sds97b at mizzou.edu wrote:
> Oh wow.  What email address were you trying to use?

The one at mizzou.edu, of course: sds97b at mizzou.edu . Let's hope you
get this through the list :-)

For the record (nothing personal, of course, just some consideration
of general interest to all email users):

1) this is why blacklists are real bad (at least as the _only_ method, as
is happening in this case, to block incoming mail)

2) blacklists which, like the ones used by your sysadmin, do not provide
an address or web form that you can use to prove you're not a spammer
and should be removed, are the worst ones

3) think if there had been money involved, that is if you had given
that email address as contact to some potential employer... he'd have
already called the next applicant ten nanoseconds after seeing the
bounce :-)

4) see # 1

Ciao,
                 Marco