[Rule] Lightweight graphical configuration tools & suggested apps for a 100% non-English system

Shae Smittle sds97b at mizzou.edu
Sun Jul 6 00:56:08 EEST 2008

Of those packages that lack localization support, I backported Kazehakase
and PCManFM to UL.  Is there a problem in the packages that prevent
localization support or is it a problem with upstream?  If it is a bug in
the packages, I will try to dig around for a fix.  Furthermore I understand
your pain with a complete lack of some basic gui configuration programs.  I
originally slated work on getting gui programs to configure stuff to 0.9
because of early problems geting 0.8 out the door, but if you are willing to
help compile the list of needed programs for UL I will consider a "freeze
exception" for adding them to 0.8 since my work on an iso has stalled.

My honest suggestion is if this is your problem with Ubuntulite, help
contribute to fixing it.  I guess sometimes I am a little shortsighted in
terms of determining what is necessary because I am a native English speaker
and think nothing about just using the commandline for now.  But if it
provides a significant barrier to Non-English use, I will certainly try to
work on it, but help is really needed.  Furthermore I suggest fileing a bug
against Ubuntulite to help track the progress of the bug.

Sincerly,
Shae Smittle
Ubuntulite Project Manager