These are some relevant project news from October 2002 to August 2003 that didn’t fit in other pages:
- 2002-10-13: Web site almost rebuilt after server crash. Unfortunately, the wiki was not recoverable
- 2002-12-21: Issue 46 of Brave GNU World magazine presents the RULE projects
- 2003-01-09: RULE goes multilingual! We get the beginning of the german translation of the website (partial, because the database parts are still english-only). This is great, however! Thanks to Michael Brandstetter!
- 2003-01-28: Following a request by Vegard Munthe of FAIR, M. Fratoni releases SlinkyDetect, a bootable HW detection floppy
- 2003-06-22: RULE-based vum:BOX goes to final test in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo. The final product will be deployed in 4 local schools, is based on RedHat Linux Version 9, and includes Abiword, OOo and Acrobat Reader
- 2003-06-22: Set up of Daily RULE website dumps for offline browsing. Several users, especially those with slow and/or unreliable connections, have requested that the whole website is made available as one compressed tarball for offline browsing. This will also benefit translators, and everybody wishing to contribute to
- 2003-08-15: The Asian Open Source Centre, an organization promoting open source and free software in Asia, announces RULE