[Rule-list] Modifying the current anaconda--progress update

Pietro Abbati Marescotti p.abbati at guest.edisontel.it
Fri Feb 8 12:26:11 EET 2002

>.
>
>Back to the issue now: I think the default base install is interesting
>to check also because we might need to redefine/take out something even
>from that. For example, does it still include all the shells ever
>invented since Charles Babbage, or library support for some unlikely
>(for old PCs, that is) hardware, or server use?
>
>Does it include, just by inertia (did I spell it right? probably not..)
>some program which is obsolete/deprecated/not developed anymore/
>not used by any rc script?
>
>For example, does it include rlogin/rsh? if so, since we ARE going to
>put openssh in, do we need them?

Yes, it should. The main (only?) reason is about the final goal of this
project: if  our goal is to let low-powered pc running redhat, we could
provide full compatibility with new systems but also with older systems....
For example: what if an old server (with older tools) should work with
RHLight ?(mmhh... it could be another name, couldn't it?)